Social media use worldwide continues to increase, which results in some truly astounding numbers. Here’s are some recent social media facts lifted from a post on Social Media Journal that shows us just how much we value our social interactions.
1. We like to share the love. The average internet user has 8.6 social media accounts.
2. The number of social media users skyrocketed with 72% of adults using at least one social network.
3. Today in excess of 3.2 billion photos and 720,000 hours of video are shared per day across social media.
4. We spend an average of 145 minutes per day on social media worldwide.
5. YouTube is responsible for more than 25% of total worldwide mobile traffic by volume.
6. Social media users upload 500+ hours of content every minute! That’s more content than ABC, CBS, and NBC combined.
7. TikTok users in the U.S. spend 68 minutes a day on the website; 50 minutes of 15-second videos are soundtracked by music clips.
8. TikTok has the youngest user base of all social media sites with 68% of its users under 30 and 28% under the age of 18.
9. Businesses on Facebook Messenger exchange over 20 billion messages with consumers per month.
10. Facebook users spend 34 minutes a day checking their feeds, reacting to notifications, and responding to messages.
11. 49% of Facebook users log in to the network several times per day.
12. 41% of American social media users use Facebook to share engaging content while 25% of them like a company’s post.
As you can imagine, that’s just the tip of the iceberg, as apps with huge user bases like Instagram and Twitter aren’t even covered here. The point is that, for as much as we might complain about them, we still love our social apps, and these social media facts bear that out.