There’s no point posting on social media if there’s no one there to read it. That’s why timing is everything when it comes to your posting schedule – not only time of day, but the day of the week as well. Here are the latest “best times’ to post on various social platforms for 2021. What’s surprising is just how similar this data is as compared to the last few years.
This all comes from the team at Blog2Social who recently looked at social updates from more than 60,000 businesses and bloggers worldwide. This is what they found (all times Eastern).
- Best Days: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- Best Times: 1PM to 4PM, 6PM to 10PM
- Number of times to post each day: 2
- Most Interactions: 2PM to 4PM
- NOTE: Saturday and Sunday can also work between 1PM and 4PM.
- Best Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Best Times: 8AM to 10AM, 11AM to 1PM, 5PM to 6PM
- Number of times to post each day: 3
- Most Interactions: 12PM to 1PM
- NOTE: Tweets now only have a live span of about 20 minutes.
- Best Days: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Best Times: 11AM to 1PM, 7PM to 9PM
- Number of times to post each day: 1 or 2
- Most Interactions: Wednesday 7PM to 9PM
- NOTE: Forget Sunday. It’s the worst day for views and interactions.
- Best Days: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Best Times: 8AM to 10AM, 5PM to 6PM
- Number of times to post each day: 1
- Most Interactions: Either of the above times
- NOTE: No one reads after 6PM or on the weekend.
Just posting for the sake of posting on any social platform probably won’t get you the results you’re looking for. An artist must be as strategic about posting as what to post. Knowing the best times is a big part of that strategy.
You can see a great infographic of the above data and much more at Social Media Today.