Facebook, Instagram and Twitter each require a different posting strategy than other social platforms in order to receive the most engagement. It’s all about posting at the right time of day and the best day of the week, and those targets move every year. Spout Social has been keeping track of this over the years, and it’s just published its latest best social media posting times for 2022. This year there are some surprises.
Keep in mind that all times are U.S. Central Time.
If you just want to skip the individual platform data below, here are some overall post timing rules for 2022.
- Best times to post on social media overall: Tuesdays through Thursdays at 9 a.m. or 10 a.m.
- Best days to post on social media: Tuesdays through Thursdays
- Worst days to post on social media: Sundays
Perhaps one of the most surprising data points comes in the Facebook study. As you’ll see, 3AM (not a typo) is actually the new best time to post on the platform during the week, primarily because there’s no competition at that time.
- Best times to post on Facebook: Mondays through Fridays at 3 a.m., Tuesdays at 10 a.m. and noon
- Best days to post on Facebook: Tuesdays through Fridays
- Worst days to post on Facebook: Saturdays
Instagram posting has remained constant with last year as the mid-day and mid-week is still the best time.
- Best times to post on Instagram: Mondays at 11 a.m., Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., and Thursdays and Fridays 10 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- Best days to post on Instagram: Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Worst days to post on Instagram: Sundays
Far more people browse Twitter than actually tweet, but if it’s your platform of choice, then be aware that peak times for engagement shifted significantly compared to last year, becoming much more concentrated during mid mornings and middays throughout the week.
- Best times to post on Twitter: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 9 a.m.
- Best days to post on Twitter: Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Worst days to post on Twitter: Sundays
While the above times are generally the best for engagement, that doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re the best for your audience. If you’ve been posting at various times of the day, it’s best to do a little research to see if there are certain days and times that resonate better with your followers. Otherwise, you can’t go wrong by following the above recommendations.