One of the things that’s vital to getting your band gigs is a booking section on your website that provides all the information that a promoter needs to answer both pre and post booking questions. This excerpt from the 2nd edition of my Social Media Promotion For Musicians handbook outlines the details that are particularly helpful.
“If you’re generating some buzz in your local scene, make sure that if an agent or promoter does check out your band that you have pertinent information available on your website for them. Create a “Bookings,” “Book Me,” or “Book My Band” section on your website, which can be similar to an online press kit, but instead includes specific additions like:
• Statistics about the number of newsletter subscribers, Facebook fans and Twitter followers you have. Remember that your social media presence is now taken into consideration by most bookers and promoters, as it’s a vital part of their marketing too.
• Average attendance for your shows. Are you regularly selling out 50 ,100, or 500-seat venues? Make sure to include it.
• The markets and venues that you play in.
• A photo gallery with lots of quality live photos, including any that include crowds in packed venues.
• Good quality live videos meaning good video quality, good audio quality, packed rooms, and minimal audience talking. Audience sing-a-longs are always worth including as well.
• A stage plot of how your gear is normally set up.
• A typical set list, if you’re a cover band.
• Quotes from the media that mention your live show.
• Quotes from venue bookers.
• Quotes from fans about your live shows.
• How to contact you, or your representation
Other than that, you should always blog and tweet about your live shows. Post about the turnout, the crowd reaction, and post plenty of pics and live video whenever you can. All of this will help create the impression that you’re a hard-working band that takes their live shows seriously.”
You can read more from The Mixing Engineer’s Handbook and my other books on the excerpt section of bobbyowsinski.com.